Welcome!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

First Post!

I've always been afraid to start a blog or the like because it seems a bit arrogant; so here's to being arrogant! ;) We tend to share our negative thoughts but not necessarily the positive, inspiring, joyful ones, and I want to put something different out there in the universe today. In yoga this morning (to which I almost didn't go,) during some pretty intense hip-openers (pigeon with Kathryn laying on me, frog, and then bow!), I noticed this feeling... No, not pain, hyperventilation, or even stretching. It made me giggly... but my body was tense, nervous; it didn't want to let it out, whatever this was. We moved on to savasana, and the feeling was still there. Pure unadulterated overflowing joy hovering just below the surface! Why was I afraid to feel it? It's not necessarily the most familiar feeling... and what if I simply burst or jump up screaming "yahoo!!!," strip my clothes off and run out side in the street? Well, it's 36 degrees outside, so that really isn't likely. I took a chance laying there in savasana and felt it. A trickle and then a gush of joy began to flow. Two hours later I still feel it. Part of me thinks I should go for a walk to shake it off; let it dissipate. The other part says "no, let's cling to this." (but you know where clinging gets you...) I think I will go for a walk; probably not a chance it'll dissipate since the sun is beaming outside, and there is no ice in sight! I'm just going to let it flow and just see where it carries me... Who knows where I'll end up. ;) Namaste.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for starting this blog Crystal! I look forward to hearing your thoughts as you move mindfully along your path, it's brave to share your thoughts, not arrogant! Peace, Nadene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you babe! I miss you!

    Here is a quote from Rumi on the subject (I can never get enough of him!) - "When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy."

    ReplyDelete